Following a career in Marketing, I decided to follow a long held passion for flowers and started my new career path into floristry in 2004. To kick-start my new career, I attended Judith Blacklock’s Professional Business of Floristry course in London, whilst working at my first floristry job in Brighton. I worked in two other flower shops in Brighton and Hove before moving onto a flower shop in Haywards Heath. In 2007, I decided to go it alone and work for myself. I then worked on a contract basis for an on-line flower ordering company, another flower shop in Burgess Hill as well as working on ad-hoc flower commissions from home.
I now have my own workshop at home where I’m fully equipped to fulfil flower orders.
What I can offer you…
Why this works…
- I am able to provide you an extra pair of hands when needed to fulfil orders or contracts at your busiest times.
- I am able to provide you an extra pair of hands to cover staff sickness or holidays.
- With 24 hours notice (subject to no prior work being accepted) I can be ready to assist you with all aspects of floristry.
What I’m looking for…
- I have experience and can adapt my style to meet your way of working.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- No additional staffing costs for you.
- You only pay when you’re at your busiest.
- I'm flexible and discreet.
- I am registered self-employed.
- Minimum 3 hours of work per session.
- 24 hours notice (subject to no prior work being accepted).
- Cash payment at the end of each session.